Generic Linux SGX Graphics SDK Release Notes
Details about the GFX Package
- Uses the OMAP Linux Kernel 18.104.22.168 (based on a poky build using version poky-purple3.2).
- The package includes the kernel drivers for SGX core, OpenGLES libraries and sample binaries, source code for the sample Demos, Training course, tools, and build setup.
- With this package you can: run graphics application on Zoom36xx platform, build demos from the SDK, develop your graphics application, and test on the Zoom36xx
This offering delivered is based on the Poky Release called L23.i3.6. To be able to reproduce the Linux kernel environment the Kernel, u-boot and x-loader git trees with the commit IDs have been included in the box below. The SGX core kernel drivers, libraries, and binaries can then be added to the kernel file system.
U-Boot: git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/u-boot.git;branch=master;protocol=git Commit: 1b82b557e081e9368c96c92c06fb9ac1243f1d44 X-Loader: git://git.omapzoom.org/repo/x-loader.git;branch=master;protocol=git Commit: 3cef0d053672743a541cf00448ee81a7bcb6558a Kernel: git://dev.omapzoom.org/pub/scm/integration/kernel-omap3.git;protocol=git;branch=L23.I3.6 Commit: 9c7fcc16a2d365d39e9f864166cfca071f44cf2b
With this release the pre-built binaries and a kernel+graphics file system has been included in the GFX package specified in the next section. If you would like to download the kernel file system separately it can be obtained from Poky_Kernel_05252010.
 Downloading the SDK
- Obtain a http://my.ti.com account by visiting the site and registering appropriately.
- Send an email to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' requesting extranet access to the GFX_SDK_<version>_Package release through your my.ti.com account, and give them your my.ti.com username (email address).
- Go to https://www-a.ti.com/extranet/cm/product/wtbugaming/wtbuext/general/homepage.shtml and log in with your my.ti.com credentials.
- Download the OMAP36xx_L23Inc3_6SGX_SDK_zoom3_20100607.zip file, this will be the Graphics SDK for Linux OMAP3630 Zoom3 Development platform.
- The following link is the specific package OMAP Gaming Site.
- The package is click wrapped and you will need to accept the licence agreement to continue and download the package.
 Installing the SGX Pacakge
After accepting the click wrap agreement and download the package (OMAP36xx_L23Inc3_6SGX_SDK_zoom3_20100607.zip). Then unzip and you will find the following the following file: OMAP36xx_L23Inc3.6_SGX_SDK_zoom3-22.214.171.12456.bin (self extracting package), place in the directory you wish to extract the package and run the command:
Follow the steps from the pop-up messages when installing this .bin file. This will install in the following directory structure: Graphics_SDK/OMAP36xx_GFX_Linux_SDK/. In the OMAP36xx_GFX_Linux_SDK the following directories and files are included:
- GFX_Linux_SDK: This is the Graphics SDK package which contains training material and source code for building OpenGLES.
- Images: Includes bootloader (u-boot.bin), x-loader (MLO), and kernel (uImage) images for Zoom36xx.
- SGXbinaries: Includes all the kernel drivers for SGX core, OpenGLES libraries and sample binaries.
- omap-image-minimal-zoom3.tar.gz: This is the kernel file system for the Zoom36xx platform (does not include the items in SGXbinaries).
- readme.txt: Gives the instructions to installing the SGXbinaries package to the file system to enable running the SGX applications.
Follow the setup steps given in the readme.txt to get the SGX drivers, samples and libraries to enable running the Graphics applications. Instructions on how to run the sample applications given also in the readme.txt.
SDK Training Material Training for the GFX SDK package is located in the directory:
 Test Results
Instructions on how to execute the tests can be found in the Test Execution User Guide
|Test Case ID||Test Case Name||Validation Criteria||Sample file||Test Result||Comments|
|9||GFX SDK Application: OGLES2Skybox2||User starts and runs the GFX application.||Sample App from /usr/bin/OGLES2Skybox2||Pass||Application runs successfully. No way to close the application, must reboot after running.|